In 1881, Elder Hampton established this church in the hall over the harness shop where the former Short’s Furniture is located.  A revival was held, and fully organized church was activated with a charter enrollment of fourteen families.  A frame building had been erected in 1898 which was later replaced by the present brick structure in 1925.  A new addition was added and dedicated on May 16, 1993.  The church is also in the planning stages of a renovation of the current building and the building of a new structure to help serve the community and our church better.  
                                     First Christian Church